Reflecting the Program and Learner Outcome Objectives, the curriculum includes three horizontal threads (Teaching/Learning, Educational Scholarship, and Leadership) along with two vertical threads (Interprofessionalism and Cognitive Diversity, Inclusion & Health Equity). The horizontal threads serve as major areas of curricular content that will be included over the course of the program. Content related the vertical threads is integrated within each of the horizontal content areas.
Specific learner objectives related to each of the curricular threads are listed below.
- Analyze the relationship between learning theory and teaching
- Apply different learning theories in teaching knowledge, attitudes and skills
- Analyze the use of technology to enhance learning
- Determine elements of instructional design
- Master various learner - centered teaching strategies in a variety of settings including
- Large groups
- Small groups
- Individual mentoring (e.g. thesis/dissertation students)
- Provide effective feedback to diverse learners
- Describe the process of curriculum development
- Assess student learning through systematic approaches
- Participate in educational program evaluation design and implementation
- Describe one’s own educational philosophy and teaching style
- Describe various types of educational scholarship
- Plan, implement, and disseminate a scholarly educational project
- Analyze ethical aspects of educational scholarship
- Describe trends and priorities in health professions education
- Model leadership related to educational policy and advocacy
- Describe one’s own leadership style
- Develop one's own educational career plan
- Analyze the roles and expectations for educational leadership
- Analyze the role of mentors in educational career development
- Assess educational leadership opportunities within and outside the university
- Describe the purposes and process of accreditation related to health professions education
- Express a commitment to the value of interprofessionalism in health professionals education, research/scholarship and leadership
- Apply the principles of interprofessionalism in teaching, scholarship and leadership
- Articulate perspectives from health care professions other than one’s own related to education, scholarship and leadership
- Express a commitment to the value of integrating cognitive diversity and inclusion in health professions education, research/scholarship and leadership to promote health equity
- Demonstrate strategies in teaching, research/scholarship and leadership that promote cognitive diversity, inclusion and health equity
ITPS 3 Quarter Curricular Implementation Plan Summary
Emphasis on foundational knowledge related to each of the five curricular threads. Scholars develop their project proposals during this quarter.
Emphasis on teaching and learning strategies and approaches. Scholars implement their projects during this quarter.
Emphasis on educational scholarship dissemination and leadership. Scholars complete and disseminate their projects during this quarter.