Application Deadline: March 29, 2018
We are currently accepting applications for the 2018-20 cohort. Health professions faculty (Medicine, Nursing, and Veterinary Medicine) in all series and career levels are encouraged to apply. Visit our Application Process page for more details.
Interprofessional Teaching Scholars Program
The Interprofessional Teaching Scholars Program (ITSP) is a unique faculty development program with the mission of fostering a collaborative and innovative interprofessional learning community. We subscribe to the notion that faculty development is "a systematic process of promoting the personal and professional development of faculty to meet the educational goals, mission and values of our institution, with the ultimate purpose of providing service and socially responsive and responsible care for the communities we serve."
Our guiding motto is: From Teachers to Educators to Educational Scholars and Leaders
Mission: To foster the development of a collaborative and innovative interprofessional teaching and learning community
Goal: To enhance the knowledge, skills and attitudes of faculty in health professions education and to promote the development of change agents and educational leaders who will affect the culture of education.
Vision: “From Teachers to Educators to Educational Scholars and Leaders”
- Promote the knowledge, skills and attitudes of faculty related to the theory and practice of health professions education from an interprofessional perspective
- Create change agents who promote the professionalization of education
- Facilitate scholarship and leadership in health professions education
- Promote strategies to optimize professional satisfaction of faculty in their role as educators
After completing this program, scholars will be able to:
- Apply educational theory as it relates to health professions education
- Model interprofessional collaboration in education, research/scholarship, leadership and practice
- Promote cognitive diversity, inclusion and health equity through collaborative education, scholarship and leadership
- Design, implement and evaluate curricula using a systematic approach
- Demonstrate innovative learner - centered approaches to teaching and learning in a variety of settings
- Promote educational excellence through leadership and advocacy
- Participate in the production and dissemination of educational scholarship