The UC Davis Health Sustainability Office is located within Facilities Design and Construction. The Office was formalized in August 2011 when John Danby was hired as Sustainability Administrator.
The primary role of the Sustainability Office is to support the development and implementation of sustainability initiatives that reflect both the elements of the UC Sustainable Practices Policy, and applicable aspects of healthcare-specific sustainability practices as advocated by Practice Greenhealth.
UC Sustainable Practices Policy
- Green Building Design
- Clean Energy
- Climate Protection Practices
- Sustainable Transportation
- Sustainable Building Operations
- Recycling and Waste Management
- Environmentally Preferable Purchasing Practices
- Sustainable Foodservice Practices
- Sustainable Water Systems
UC Office of the President coordinates Working Groups for most of these policy elements, and the Sustainability Administrator or a member of the UC Davis Health Sustainability Committee participates in these Groups.
Sustainability Work Groups at UCDH include:
- Utility Efficiency Work Group
Contact Sustainability Administrator John Danby: