Goal 8: Strategic Use of Technology
Strategy 8.1: Innovative Health Technology: Be a national leader in informatics and health-care technology
Continue to lead in the use of information technology as evidenced by earning the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) Analytics Electronic Medical Record (EMR) adoption model Stage 7--Achieved; November 2012
- Leverage Electronic Health Record (EHR) and knowledge base to support clinical goals and quality improvement measurements and projects.
Enhance two-way communication between the care team and patient via MyChart / telehealth.
Achieve Hospital EHR meaningful use provider and hospital requirements within CMS timeframes.
Create and deploy a tethered meta registry to UC Davis Health System's EHR to support disease registries, outcome analysis, QI initiatives and other types of required analysis and research.
Strategy 8.2: Technology leaders of the future: Set the standard for applied informatics that catalyze technological innovation to improve health outcomes.
- Initiate the Institute for Health Technology and Informatics to coordinate informatics teaching and research and integrate and leverage UC Davis informatics resources.
- Deliver Informatics academic educational programs that ensure UC Davis Health System and the community have highly skilled Informatics professionals to staff and support health technology and innovation.
- Identify resources and program requirements for a board certification and residency program in Clinical Informatics.
- Deploy modern educational technology infrastructure to support all types of academic, in-service, and distance learning technologies needed for the UC Davis Schools of Health and staff development programs.
Strategy 8.3: Enabling Technologies: Effectively deploy technologies to support goals and missions of the UC Davis Health System and its partners
- Design and deploy the next generation of telemedicine software infrastructure that leverages modern EHR, health information exchange, and outcome analysis capabilities.
- Explore viability and/or strategic outlay for EHR hosting.
- Fully deploy all relevant Epic clinical and financial software modules.
- Replace outdated health system financial, human resource, and operational software applications.
- Ensure mission critical information technologies used by the organization are stable; replace the obsolete health system data centers with modern tier III data centers.
- UC Davis Medical Center selected as 2013 Enterprise HIMSS Davies Award winner
- UC Davis researchers receive $2.5 million grant to study telepsychiatry
- Telemedicine consultations significantly improve pediatric care in rural emergency rooms
- Health system receives golden and silver awards in Sautter Award Program
- UC Davis named national leader in health information technology