Goal 7: Sustainable Resources
Strategy 7.3: Culture of Philanthropy: Effectively engage our communities to develop a broad base of philanthropic support.
- Foster strong relationships with alumni, retirees, faculty, staff, and patients both locally and nationally.
- Effectively partner with UC Davis Health System and UC Davis development offices.
- Provide educational programs on development for faculty, leadership, and staff to augment philanthropic opportunities..
- Involve all centers, departments, and institutes in developing donor relationships to meet our fundraising goal.
Strategy 7.4: Physical Infrastructure: Ensure state-of-the-art facilities and infrastructure for all mission areas
Tributes made during the groundbreaking celebration for the Larry N. Vanderhoef Commons
- Expand space for Schools of Health
- Procure additional resource space
- Ensure highly functional, accessible and attractive clinical facilities
- Develop a well-defined process for evaluating, staging and selecting investments both within budget cycle and outside of the budget cycle.
Strategy 7.5: Environmental Stewardship: Use evidence-based approaches to evaluate and reduce our impact on the environment and reduce our dependence on non-renewable energy.
- Create a central source of updates and information on efforts and opportunities for achieving environmental stewardship objectives. COMPLETE
- Increase waste diversion in the Operating Rooms and procedural areas.
- Minimize the amount of health system generated waste sent to the landfill.
- Actively promote a culture that values sustainability.
- National group picks Parking Structure 3 as Innovative Facility of the Year
- UC Davis endowed chair for clinical cancer research established
- Kohl's Department Stores, UC Davis Children's Hospital team up for Kohl's Buck Up to Grow Up Program
- Sacramento quad honors Chancellor Emeritus Vanderhoef
- Generous, hungry donors get an early taste of National Pancake Day
- Researchers to scale Mount Kilimanjaro to raise funds for fragile X research