Goal 6: Collaborative Organizational Culture
Strategy 6.1: Organizational Communication:
Strengthen communication throughout the organization to develop a culture that encourages innovation, collaboration, and the free exchange of ideas.
- Develop a communication and implementation plan for the Principles of Transparent, Strategic Decision-Making; Transparent Strategic Decision-Making Checklist; and Principles of Meeting Effectiveness documents (products of Strategy 6.3).
- Continue efforts to strengthen the brand identity of UC Davis Health System in all mission areas.
- In collaboration with Public Affairs, increase awareness of our innovative communication approaches for our internal and external audience.
Strategy 6.2: Value Diversity: Create an environment where all people feel included, valued, celebrated, and respected.
- Recognize and celebrate successful diversity activities and initatives.
- Identify and reduce health care disparities and fully implement culturally and linguistically appropriate services and training within the health system.
- Implement appropriate and sensitive services for LGBTI populations.
Strategy 6.3: Transparent, Strategic Decision-Making:
Establish and implement a transparent process through which strategic decisions will be made.
- Conduct an assessment of organizational structure, roles and responsibilities to improve transparent, strategic decision-making. COMPLETE
- Create UC Davis Health System "Principles of Transparent, Strategic Decision-Making" document. COMPLETE
- Create UC Davis Health System "Transparent, Strategic Decision-Making Checklist" document. COMPLETE
- Create UC Davis Health System "Principles of Meeting Effectiveness" document. COMPLETE
- Study to examine mental-health effects of Mexican parents' deportation on their American children
- "Come Out for Health Week" planned for March 25-28
- UC Davis Medical Center awarded for efforts to eliminate racial and ethnic disparities in health care
- Commentary calls for greater transparency in highlighting social value of research
- A prescription for increasing diversity