Goal 5: Excellence in People
Strategy 5.1: High-Quality Faculty, Staff and Leadership: Attract, retain, develop and reward talented and diverse faculty, staff and leaders that bring national and international distinction to UC Davis Health System.
- Building a faculty community
- Building a staff community that recognizes and rewards staff employees
- Establish means of market differentiation for the Health System
- Leverage technology to facilitate recruitment, promotion and recognition, for example Talent Plus, UC Excellence, and electronic Academic Life System
- Provide robust mentoring programs for faculty and staff
Strategy 5.2: High-Quality Students and Trainees: Attract, develop and educate a diverse body of students and trainees who are talented, share the values of our organization and will become future leaders.
- Augment our sustainable nurturing environment for development of our students and trainees
- Provide top-notch educational experiences for students, residents, post-doctoral scholars and post-graduates in order to prepare graduates to define the future of health and health care across missions.
Strategy 5.4: Outstanding Performance: Recognize and reward people who responsibly push boundaries through creativity, passion, risk-taking and achievement.
- Build into Academic Personnel's online system the ability to identify outstanding faculty within fields of performance (crosswalks and monitored by Strategy 5.1)
- Develop and implement mechanisms for staff by which accountability, collaboration and performance are recognized and rewarded (crosswalks and monitored by Strategy 5.1)
- Identify existing tools for faculty and staff engagement through which innovation and risk-taking can be responsibly evaluated and thus cultivated in the organization (crosswalks and monitored by Strategy 5.1)
- UC Davis ophthalmology resident receives national fellowship award
- School of Nursing doctoral candidate wins prestigious Doris Duke Charitable Foundation fellowship
- Tian receives international investigator award for brain function studies
- UC Davis Medical Center named one of top hospitals with great oncology programs
- U.S. News & World Report ranks UC Davis School of Medicine among nation's best