Goal 1: Person- and Family-Centered Care
Strategy 1.1: High Quality, Compassionate Person-Focused Care: Provide clinical programs that deliver high-quality, compassionate, effective care centered on the needs of individuals and families.
- Full system integration of thePOLST (Physician Order for Life Sustaining Treatment) form.
- Patient DNR (Do Not Resuscitate) requests are honored in the Intensive Care Units.
- Ensure that the palliative care service is referred appropriately and in a timely manner.
Strategy 1.3: Robust Primary Care: Pursue community-wide solutions to ensure care to the communities and populations that we serve.
- Ensure that pediatric patients in the UC Davis Health System Primary Care Medical Home are provided uninterrupted primary case as they transition to health system adult primary and specialty care clinics. Update: Pediatric Transition Clinic began in March 2013.
- Expand and explore affiliations and partnerships to provide additional educational opportunities with the health system.
- Expand and explore affiliations and partnerships to provide additional educational opportunities in the community.
- Nursing excellence at UC Davis Medical Center earns prestigious Magnet recognition
- New clinic provides immunization information to Sacramento area patients
- Breastfeeding fraught with early challenges for most first-time mothers
- Saving Jordan Herbst
- Expanded role of paramedics shows promise for closing California's health-care gaps
- New support offered for people with colrectal cancer
- Jungle animals, jellyfish and joy, oh my!