Our sports nutritionist can help optimize your diet to achieve ideal body weight and improve health and performance. Nutrition plays an essential role in setting appropriate lifestyle performance goals and achieving success. Each program is tailored to meet the specific needs of the individual. Whether you are initiating an exercise program or an athlete of elite status, the UC Davis Sports Medicine nutrition program has the capacity to meet your needs.
Jennifer Manning holds a Bachelors of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics from the University of Rhode Island and is a Registered Dietitian and a Certified Nutrition Support Clinician. She has worked in the field of nutrition for seven years. She has guest lectured for courses on the UCD campus and private groups/organizations. She has counseled adolescent, collegiate, and master athletes of varying caliber involved in various sports to assist with optimizing mental and physical performance, weight loss, a healthy immune system, and lowering chronic disease risk. Jennifer Manning’s nutritional approach draws from her experience as a division 1 Track and Field athlete and her continued participation in competitive athletics.
- Analysis of your 3-day food record ( provided to Dietitian in advance of visit) will provide the following dietary information:
- Average calorie intake. Insight into adequacy of current vitamin and mineral intake.
- Distribution of calories from carbohydrate, protein and fat.
- Identify nutrient deficiencies and excesses
- Guidance to ensure adequate nutrient intake to prevent chronic disease and improve performance
- Assistance with weight loss and muscle retention, as well as with weight gain and building muscle mass
- Brainstorm ways to exchange nutrient dense foods for empty calorie foods
- Develop nutrition plan, including estimation of needs and recommendations for composition and timing of food and fluid intake, to maximize mental and physical performance for training and events
- Provide nutrition approaches to prevent fatigue at work and during training
- Optimize recovery
- Discuss supplementation, their claims and safety