Our sports nutritionist can help optimize your diet to achieve ideal body weight and improve health and performance. Nutrition plays an essential role in setting appropriate lifestyle performance goals and achieving success. Each program is tailored to meet the specific needs of the individual. Whether you are initiating an exercise program or an athlete of elite status, the UC Davis Sports Medicine nutrition program has the capacity to meet your needs.
Marlia Braun holds a Bachelors of Science in Biological Sciences and a Doctorate in Nutritional Biology from UC Davis and is a Registered Dietitian. She has worked in the field for eight years. She guest lectures for courses on campus and private groups. She has counseled adolescent, collegiate, and master athletes of varying caliber involved in various sports as well as, firefighters and police officers to assist with optimizing mental and physical performance, weight loss, a healthy immune system, and lowering chronic disease risk. Marlia Braun's nutritional approach draws from her experience as a competitive athlete and firefighter.
- Computer analysis of your 3-day food record will provide the following dietary information:
- Average calorie intake, vitamin and mineral intake
- Distribution of calories from carbohydrate, protein and fat
- Identify nutrient deficiencies and excesses
- Guidance to ensure adequate nutrient intake to prevent chronic disease and improve performance
- Assistance with weight loss and muscle retention, as well as with weight gain and building muscle mass
- Brainstorm ways to exchange nutrient dense foods for empty calorie foods
- Design a snack and meal plan, including composition and timing of food and fluid intake, to maximize mental and physical performance for training and events
- Provide nutrition approaches to prevent fatigue at work and during training
- Optimize recovery, especially for double worklouts and stage racing
- Discuss supplementation, their claims and how you may benefit