Sponsorships at UC Davis Health
UC Davis Health sponsors a select number of events that are strongly aligned with its mission of discovering and sharing knowledge to advance health. The health system’s sponsorship program follows a thorough process of evaluating sponsorship opportunities. The opportunities that are ultimately funded make a positive impact on our communities.
Several documents influence the health system’s sponsorship guidelines:
- UC Davis Principles of Community
- UC Davis Health System Strategic Plan
- Community Health Needs Assessment and Implementation Plan
As a publicly supported academic medical center, UC Davis Health System does not maintain a private foundation, nor does the institution award grants. Sponsorship is defined as direct financial or in-kind support for community benefit programs or special events, and may include (though is not limited to) nonprofit agency fundraisers (breakfasts, luncheons, dinners, walks/runs), speakers series/lectures, health fairs or other community outreach that closely align with the UC Davis Health System mission, vision and strategic plan.
Requests must meet university policies and procedures and promote the Health System’s effective community engagement strategies. All requests must comply with university policies and procedures and promote one or more of the following:
- Engagement: Academic preparation, collaborative partnerships, community benefit, government relations, health promotion and outreach.
- Marketing: Align with organizational positioning and current focus areas, appropriateness of target audience, potential to increase awareness, name recognition or new patient volume.
- Advancement: Fostering extramural support, stewarding current donors, cultivating new sources of future philanthropic support, supporting funders’ initiatives.
A limit of one sponsorship request per organization should be submitted per calendar year. Sponsorships for multiple events should be bundled into one request.
The Health System will not support the following:
- Travel expenses
- Religious activities, in whole or part, for the purpose of furthering a specific religious doctrine
- Requests that benefit an individual or family
- General operating expenses (including salaries, rent, etc.)
- Political candidates, campaigns or organizations
- Memorials, scholarships or endowments
- Capital requests
- Multi-year requests
- Events or organizations outside the health system service area
- Field trips or tours
- School teams
- Employees, teams or other individuals in a fundraising event or activity
- Conference fees
All requests for sponsorship must be submitted with the following:
- Completed Sponsorship Request Form
- Letter of request on the organization's letterhead
- W-9 Form
- Breakdown of all sponsorship levels that include benefits
- List of organization's board of directors and/or event committee members
Requests for sponsorship with all the above documentation must be received via email by the following deadline dates:
|Opportunity or Event Date||Deadline for Request|
|December, January or February||October 15|
|March, April or May||January 15|
|June, July or August||April 15|
|September, October or November||July 15|
Requests received past the deadline may not be reviewed. Requests submitted by University of California staff, faculty or students will not be considered. The application must be submitted by a staff or board member of the organization requesting support.
The Sponsorship Committee will meet quarterly to review, evaluate and make sponsorship recommendations. Decisions are based on consistency with the criteria mentioned previously. However, due to the overwhelming number of requests and limited availability of funds, a request may be denied even if it fits the criteria.
Official notification of approval or denial will come in the form of a letter or email no later than 45 days post deadline date.
Questions should be directed to: