Making a Claim with UC Davis Health
If you have a concern, question, or grievance related to the care you received at the UC Davis Health, please contact the Patient Relations Department.
If you are making a claim for compensation, please select the category below that relates to your situation. If none of these apply, please contact Risk Management at 916-734-3883 or by e-mail at email@example.com for further assistance.
- If you were in an automobile accident with another vehicle owned by the University of California, please contact the University’s Third-Party Claims Administrator, Sedgwick, at 1-800-416-4029. Sedgwick will investigate your claim.
- If you have a billing dispute, please contact Patient Billing Customer Service at 916-734-9200.
- For additional information visit: Understanding Insurance, Payment and Billing.
- If you were injured while visiting our premises (e.g. slip & fall) or if your property was damaged (e.g. automobile was damaged by debris while a University employee was mowing the lawn nearby), please contact the University’s Third-Party Claims Administrator, Sedgwick, at 1-800-416-4029. Sedgwick will investigate your claim.
Lost or Damaged Patient Valuables and Property
- Inpatient Unit – did the loss occur when you were hospitalized?
- Contact the Personal Valuable Lost/Damaged Program at 916-734-8501.
- Clinic – did the loss occur during a clinic appointment?
- Contact the Clinic Manager where the loss occurred or contact the Hospital Operator for assistance in obtaining the clinic phone number at 916-734-2011.
- Emergency Department – did the loss occur while in the Emergency Department, before you were admitted?
- Contact the Emergency Department Lost Property Program at 916-703-6589.
- If you believe your valuables and/or property were stolen, you may also contact UC Davis Police Department at 916-734-2555 to file a Police Report.
Medical Malpractice, Professional Liability
- Please submit the claim form, estimates or medical bills, and any other supporting documentation to the following address:
Risk Management Department
2315 Stockton Boulevard
Sacramento, CA 95817
- You may also e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once the claim form and supporting documentation is received in this office, it will be forwarded to Sedgwick, the University's Third-Party Claims Administrator, who will conduct an investigation and process your claim. While that investigation is being done, you have a responsibility to pay for all bills you receive as a result of this alleged incident or to make arrangements with your creditors for a deferment until the investigation is complete.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Risk Management Department at 916-734-3883 or by e-mail at email@example.com