Department to present at 94th Annual Meeting of the American Radium Society
April 19, 2012
The UC Davis head and neck radiation oncology research team, led by Drs. Allen Chen and Megan Daly, will be presenting six original scientific abstracts at the 94th Annual Meeting of the American Radium Society to be held April 28 to May 2, 2012 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Founded in 1916, the American Radium Society is the oldest society devoted to the study and treatment of cancer. As a multi-disciplinary organization with members including radiation oncologists, surgical oncologists, gynecologic oncologists, and medical oncologists, the society's goals are to promote the study of cancer; to encourage liaison among the various oncologic specialties; and to continue the scientific study of the treatment of cancer through its annual meeting and educational publications.
The lead authors of the 6 presentations are as follows:
- Megan Daly, "Feasibility and Toxicity of Concurrent Chemoradiation for Locally Advanced Head and Neck Cancer in the Elderly Population"
- Sukhjeet Baath, "Anatomical Contouring Guidelines and Dosimetric Analysis of Brachial Plexus Segments for Patients Treated by IMRT for Head and Neck Cancer"
- Tom Hou, "Racial Disparities in the Use of Organ-preservation Therapy for the Treatment of Locally Advanced Laryngeal Cancer"
- Toby Chapmen, "Incidence of Osteoradionecrosis following Intensity-modulated Radiotherapy for Cancers of the Oral cavity and Oropharynx"
- Garrett Green, "Defining the Role of Radiation therapy in Cutaneous Squamous Cell carcinoma with Parotid Metastasis"
- Allen Chen, "Variability in Dose Prescription to the Clinically N0 Neck for Patients Undergoing Parotid Gland-Sparing Intensity-Modulated Radiotherapy for Head and Neck Cancer"