Preparing your presentation
If you and your team are selected to give a podium presentation, here are some guidelines.
Podium presenters have 10 minutes of speaking time and 5 minutes for questions and answers. Due to the busy agenda, each speaker (or team) will have 15 minutes maximum at the podium. At the start of the presentation, name the learner(s) involved in the project. We highly recommend you mention how learning was incorporated into the process of your work and that you share the scientific methods used to obtain data and analyze your work. PowerPoint presentations are encouraged. UC Davis Health System has custom designed templates available for use on the Intranet:
Tips for creating an effective PowerPoint presentation
Submitting your presentation
You must submit the following to Deb Patterson by the deadline: (send an email to email@example.com):
- Final PowerPoint presentation –name the file with final title of your presentation
- In your email, include the following:
1) Final title of presentation
2. All participants’ first and last names and their degrees (e.g. M.D,. Ph.D.)
3. Lead contact person for your team, with email and phone number
- We will include your PowerPoint in the final Symposium e-booklet so there is no need to bring handouts for attendees.
- Don’t forget to register!
- Be sure to register for the Symposium at http://healthsystem.ucdavis.edu/rsvp so that we can have an accurate head count and you can have a free lunch!
- Call Deb Patterson at 916-724-3530 with any questions you might have regarding your poster presentation.