For the 15th consecutive year, UC Davis Medical Center has been selected as a Consumer Choice Award winner by the National Research Corporation (NRC).
The 2013-14 award recognizes a single hospital in each of 300 markets nationwide that health-care consumers choose as providing the highest-quality health care.
“The dedicated, hard-working health-care teams at UC Davis Medical Center deserve the credit for ensuring that our hospital is the destination of choice for care in our region,” said Ann Madden Rice, CEO of the medical center. “We are gratified by this recognition from the NRC, which reflects the trust that our patients and the Sacramento region place in us to deliver high-quality, safe patient care.”
The award is based on a survey conducted between September 2012 and August 2013 that covered about 270,000 households and 3,200 hospitals throughout the continental U.S. Health-care decision makers were asked to rate their local hospitals on multiple quality and image ratings, from best doctors to highest patient safety.
Out of 15 hospitals in the Sacramento region, UC Davis Medical Center received the highest percentage of “best” ratings in six areas:
- Best overall quality (18.2 percent; the next highest was 14.5 percent)
- Best doctors (20.2 percent; the next highest was 13.9 percent)
- Best image and reputation (21.1 percent; the next highest was 14.6 percent)
- Latest technology and equipment (29.1 percent; the next highest was 13.5 percent)
- Widest range of services (24.6 percent; the next highest was 15.4 percent)
- Highest patient safety )17.9 percent; the next highest was 14.8 percent)
In addition, UC Davis tied for the highest percentage of best ratings in the “best nurses” category with Kaiser Permanente Roseville Medical Center, at 14.3 percent.