Members of the UC Davis Comprehensive Cancer Center lung cancer treatment team will present at WCLC 2017, a one-day conference on Saturday, Nov. 11, from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. in San Francisco.
Presenters will share the latest lung cancer and other thoracic malignancy advances highlighted at the recent 18th Annual World Conference on Lung Cancer in Japan. Medical professionals interested in lung cancer research are encouraged to attend.
The event is co-chaired by David Gandara, professor and director of thoracic oncology at the UC Davis Comprehensive Cancer Center, David Jablons, professor and chief of general thoracic surgery at UC San Francisco Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, and Heather Wakelee, associate professor of oncology at Stanford University Cancer Institute.
UC Davis Health speakers and presentations include:
- David Cooke, thoracic surgeon and chair of the Comprehensive Lung Cancer Screening Program task force: Lung Cancer Screening and Tobacco Control
- Ken Yoneda, pulmonary and critical care and sleep medicine specialist: From Diagnostics to Therapeutics
- Megan Daly, radiation oncologist: Radiation in Early Stage NSCLC
- Primo Lara, Jr., interim director, UC Davis Comprehensive Cancer Center: Locally Advanced NSCLC Chemotherapy/Targeted Therapy
- Philip Mack, director, Molecular Pharmacology Shared Resource: Tumor Biology, Novel Diagnostics
- David Gandara, thoracic oncology director: EGFR Mutated Lung Cancer
- Karen Kelly, associate director for clinical research: Immune-based Therapy
- Jonathan Riess, medical oncologist: Thymoma and Other Rarities
Space is limited. To register for the event, visit https://bestofwclc2017.eventbrite.com. Complimentary registration is provided to UC Davis fellows-in-training and oncology research staff.