General Psychiatry PGY-4 Clinical Rotations
PGY-4 Resident typical schedule
- The PGY-4 resident academic year is from July 1 - June 30.
- Training is a combination of electives and administrative roles at familiar sites.
- PGY-4 residents have supervisory duties as acting attending physicians.
PGY-4 Psychiatric rotations include a combination of the following:
- UC Davis Health System Psychiatry Outpatient Clinic (Wong Building) - Individual psychotherapy and medication management
- Psychosomatic Medicine Service
- Veterans Administration (VA) - inpatient psychiatry
- Sacramento County Mental Health Treatment Center inpatient units - inpatient psychiatry
- Elective rotations - designed by residents
- PGY-4 resident call averages six days per year and consists of weekday at-home overnight call (5:00 p.m. - 8:00 a.m.) on the psychosomatic medicine service.