General Psychiatry PGY-2 Clinical Rotations
PGY-2 Resident typical schedule
- The PGY-2 resident academic year is from July 1 - June 30. There are 13 blocks of 4-week rotations each year.
- The typical work week is Monday - Friday, 7:30 or 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (or later when on call). There may be some weekend day shifts as well.
PGY-2 Psychiatric rotations include a combination of the following:
- Sacramento County Mental Health Treatment Center (SCMHTC) inpatient units - inpatient psychiatry
- UC Davis Medical Center Emergency Department- emergency psychiatry
- Outpatient clinics
- Transcultural Wellnes Center - cultural psychiatry
- PGY-2 resident call averages 35 days per year, usually on weekdays.
- Virtually all call is at the SCMHTC Intake Unit and continuing overnight at home until 8:00 a.m. the following day.
- Each on-call resident covers the SCMHTC inpatient unit overnight on pager call.