General Psychiatry PGY-1 Clinical Rotations
PGY-1 Resident typical schedule
- The intern year starts on June 25 each year.
- There are 13 blocks of 4-week rotations each year.
Psychiatric rotations include combinations of the following:
- Jail Psychiatric Services (JPS)
- VA inpatient psychiatry
- Addiction psychiatry
- Geriatric psychiatry
- During the psychiatry rotation interns take weekend on-site psychosomatic medicine service call from 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- The total number of call days for interns during the psychiatry rotation averages 15-20.
Non-psychiatric rotations include a combination of the following:
- Inpatient internal medicine (2 blocks) with in-house overnight call every 4 to 5 days depending on work site
- Six-day work weeks are typical on the medicine rotation.
- Outpatient ambulatory medicine at primary care clinic (1-2 blocks)
- Neurology inpatient or outpatient (2 blocks) with in-house overnight call once per week
- Monday-Friday work weeks are typical on the neurology rotation. There is no weekend call on neurology services.