Psychology postdoctoral fellowship program
Our program provides advanced clinical training opportunities at three Sacramento County Division of Mental Health clinical programs affiliated with the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences: an adult inpatient psychiatric hospital, an adult outpatient clinic, and a children’s outpatient clinic. For the 2013-2014 academic year, the Department is pleased to openings for three postdoctoral clinical fellowships beginning on September 16, 2013 and ending on September 15, 2014. Of the three openings, we will be interviewing for one adult and two child fellows. Fellows will receive training in assessment, consultation, individual therapy, and group therapy, depending upon the specific fellowship. If qualified, fellows may be able to place major emphasis on either adult or child psychology, with minor emphasis in another area. The stipend for all three fellowships will be $40,000 plus competitive university benefits. The positions will remain open until filled, with an application deadline of January 4, 2013. Early application is encouraged, and applications will be reviewed as they are received.
All applicants must have:
- Attended an APA-accredited doctoral program
- Completed an APA-accredited internship
- Completed all requirements for their doctoral degree prior to September 1, 2013
To apply, submit the following in one complete packet:
- An application (PDF)
- A cover letter specifying the position for which you are applying and your aims
- Three letters of recommendation in sealed envelopes with the writer’s signature across the envelope's seal
- A current curriculum vitae
- A comprehensive psychological assessment report with all client/patient identifiers removed
if you have any questions, please contact the Training Office at (916) 734-2614. Interviews will be scheduled for Monday, February 4, 2013 and Friday, February 8, 2012.
Send your application packet to: