PSY 423: Willow Clinic elective
- Instructor of record: Lorin Scher, M.D.
- Instructor(s): Jaesu Han, M.D.
- Course duration: 2 weeks
- Quarters: I, II, III, IV
- Units: Three non-clinical units
- Location: Unspecified
- Distribution of student's time:
- Monday night meetings: 10%
- Clinical work: 75%
- Committee work: 10%
- Community service: 5%
- Prerequisites: None
- Enhancement modules: None
- Course description: Students mus apply and interview with the Willow Clinic co-directors. Field experience introduces medical students to health care delivery for the homeless. Students will receive training to obtain patient histories and basic physical findings. Emphasis is on health promotion, desease prevention and appropriate referral. Students will work closely with medical students and physicians to diagnose and manage patients with acute and chronic psychiatric and general medical illness.
- Clerkship objectives: Varies
- Commonly seen conditions: Varies
Elective Course Coordinator
Phone (916) 734-2614
Fax (916) 734-3384