Combined Internal Medicine/Psychiatry Residency - How to Apply
We are pleased that you are interested in our combined internal medicine/psychiatry residency program and look forward to receiving your application. All applications are screened by our combined faculty and qualified candidates are offered a personal interview. The personal interview allows candidates to meet combined residents and categorical residents from both departments, tour training sites integral to the combined curriculum and ask unanswered questions about combined training. The interview also affords candidates an opportunity to more fully elaborate on their interest in combined training. For full consideration applications must be received by November 10, 2017. Please refer to additional the IMG requirements if you are an international medical school graduate.
Applications for PGY-1 positions will be accepted through ERAS beginning September 2017. The following items are required:
- Application (Electronic Residency Application Service - ERAS)
- Curriculum vitae (Curriculum vitae by ERAS is acceptable).
- Internal Medicine/Psychiatry supplemental application (PDF) This is not sent through ERAS, and should be sent to the address listed on the application.
- Four letters of recommendation, including at least one from an internist and one from a psychiatrist.
- Medical school transcripts
- USMLE scores (Parts I and II, if available) or COMLEX
- A letter from your medical school Dean of Student Affairs
- Personal statement
All applications are screened by our Selection Committee. If you are selected for an interview, you will be asked to come for two consecutive days (Thursday and Friday) on select dates in November, December and January where you will learn much more about our program and interview with internal medicine and psychiatry residents and faculty.