PGY-1 Ambulatory Care/HIV Residency
Patti Poole, Pharm.D., BCPS, AAHIVM
Kathleen Haight, Pharm.D.
The University of California, Davis Medical Center, Department of Pharmacy is offering a one-year Pharmacy Practice Residency with an Emphasis in Ambulatory HIV/AIDS Care, primarily based at the CARES Clinic in Sacramento.
The resident will participate in staff development and education (nursing, pharmacy, medical students, physicians, and staff) at the CARES Clinic. The resident will also be required to complete a research project during the residency year and present his/her research at the Western States Residency Showcase.
- To develop specialized skills in management of chronic diseases including HIV/AIDS, diabetes, HTN, hyperlipidemia, chronic pain conditions including neuropathy, mental health conditions, hepatitis C, and anticoagulation.
- To function as a member of the medical team in a specialized HIV/AIDS ambulatory clinic.
- CARES Clinic Medication Therapy Management
- HIV/AIDS Care
- Adherence Support
- Polypharmacy and Side Effect Management
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Diabetes Management
- Pain Management
- Hepatitis C Treatment
- Anticoagulation Management
- Medication Safety (at UC Davis Medical Center)
- Pharmacy Management (at UC Davis Medical Center)
- Infectious Diseases, Acute/Critically Ill (at UC Davis Medical Center)
- Mental Health/Addiction Medicine
- Precepting Pharmacy Clerkship Students
View our video: http://areyouthedifference.org/images/flash/mediaroom.htm