PGY-1 Pharmacy Practice Residency
Tricia Parker, Pharm.D., BCPS
Resident Class 2016-2017:
Natalie Aquino, Pharm.D.
Zachary Enright, Pharm.D.
Kasey Hamrick, Pharm.D.
Anthony Jiang, Pharm.D.
Davin Kamiyama, Pharm.D.
Brittany Newton, Pharm.D.
Henock Woldu, Pharm.D.
The Pharmacy Practice Residency offers many opportunities for both clinical and didactic teaching. The resident will be responsible for assisting preceptors with clerkship teaching for University of California, San Francisco pharmacy students and University of the Pacific students. In addition, the resident will participate in staff development/education (nursing, pharmacy, medical students, house staff) and provide routine patient education. The resident will also be required to complete a research project during the residency period and present that research at the Western States Residency Showcase.
- Practice pharmacy competently, assuming responsibility for ensuring safe, appropriate, and cost-effective drug use in patients of all ages with various disease states.
- Demonstrate a professional attitude as exemplified by life-long learning and ethical conduct in all activities related to pharmacy practice.
- Assume a progressive role on an interdisciplinary health care team using appropriate interpersonal skills, working harmoniously with others, and displaying compassion for patients.
- Communicate clearly both verbally and in writing with patients, colleagues, and other members of the health care team.
- Solve practice problems effectively.
- Contribute to the advancement of the profession via research, publications, and service in leadership positions.
- Deliver effective education and training to patients, the public, and health-care professionals.
- Demonstrate the skills necessary to formulate drug-use policy in a managed-care arena.
- Design and conduct an original research project and use the results to improve the quality and decrease the costs of healthcare.
- Be qualified to assume an entry-level practice position in one’s area of interest or accept advanced postgraduate training in specialized practice.
Rotations will be tailored to suit the resident’s individual goals and interests and will include opportunities in:
** Required unless sufficient previous experience in Pediatrics