Ambulatory Care - HIV
The University of California, Davis Medical Center, Department of Pharmacy is offering a one-year Pharmacy Practice Residency with an Emphasis in Ambulatory HIV/AIDS Care, primarily based at the CARES Clinic in Sacramento.
The resident will participate in staff development and education (nursing, pharmacy, medical students, physicians, and staff) at the CARES Clinic. The resident will also be required to complete a research project during the residency year and present his/her research at the Western States Residency Showcase.
- To develop specialized skills in management of chronic diseases including HIV/AIDS, diabetes, HTN, hyperlipidemia, chronic pain conditions including neuropathy, mental health conditions, hepatitis C, and anticoagulation.
- To function as a member of the medical team in a specialized HIV/AIDS ambulatory clinic.
Rotation opportunities in:
- CARES Clinic Medication Therapy Management
- HIV/AIDS Care
- Adherence Support
- Polypharmacy and Side Effect Management
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Diabetes Management
- Pain Management
- Hepatitis C Treatment
- Anticoagulation Management
- Medication Safety (at UC Davis Medical Center)
- Pharmacy Management (at UC Davis Medical Center)
- Infectious Diseases, Acute/Critically Ill (at UC Davis Medical Center)
- Mental Health/Addiction Medicine
- Precepting Pharmacy Clerkship Students
Approximately $44,873 (paid in monthly increments)
Professional leave/vacation/holidays: 24 days
Sick leave: 96 hours
Insurance: Health, dental, vision
PERIOD OF APPOINTMENT
July 2013 – June 2014
Candidates must have completed a doctor of pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree.
The applicant shall be licensed in, or be eligible to take the California State Board Exam for pharmacy licensure in June 2013. An on-site interview is required.
Deadline for applications is January 1, 2013. Residency selection will be determined through the ASHP Residency match program.
Please submit an application, letter of intent, curriculum vitae and three letters of recommendation (two from clerkship preceptors) via PhORCAS to:
Patricia Poole, Pharm.D., BCPS, AAHIVM
Director, Pharmacy Practice Residency with an Emphasis in HIV Ambulatory Care
View our video: http://areyouthedifference.org/images/flash/mediaroom.htm
Email questions to: RxResidency@ucdmc.ucdavis.edu