Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Rebecca Sonu, M.D.
Ross University School of Medicine, West Indies
Hiking, gardening in the sun and watching independent films
Reason for selecting UC Davis for Residency
A supportive environment with the resources needed to learn both anatomic and clinical pathology; Great camaraderie among the residents, faculty and staff
2014-2015 Hemato-pathology Fellowship, UC Davis
- Surgical pathology
- Splenic and molecular hematopathology
- Optimizing limited specimens for lung cancer genotype based therapy
- Point-of-care for hematology and transfusion medicine
- B.S. - General Biology, UC San Diego
- UC Davis Transfusion Committee Member
- ASCP resident representative
- ASCP Lab Medicine Assistant Editor, Hematology
Publications, Abstracts or Posters
Sonu R, Gregg J, Chen M. Splenic marginal zone lymphoma with t(8;14)(q24.1;q32)/MYC
rearrangement. J Hematop. 2011 Dec 2.
Curtis CM, Louie RF, Sonu R, Ammirati EB, Sumner SL, Kost GL. Point-of-care hematology and coagulation testing in primary, rural emergency, and disaster care scenarios. Point of Care. 2012 Jun;11(2):140-145.
Sonu R, Chen M. Extramedullary hematopoeisis associated with myeloproliferative neoplasm manifesting as pleural effusion. J Hematop. 2012 May:1-7.
Sonu R and Chen M. Primary Lymphoproliferative Disorders of the Liver. ASCP Case Report - Hematology. January 2014;49(1).
Link to PubMed