Skip to main content
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Carol S. Marshall, M.D.
- Transfusion Medicine – Immunohematology and Blood Management
- Apheresis and Hematopoietic Stem Cell Collection
- Hematopathology- Coagulation, Bone Marrow and Lymph Node Diagnostics, Flow Cytometry
- Transfusion related acute lung injury
- Microchimerism and autoimmune disease
- Medical error management and prevention
- Medical Education
Dr Marshall began her medical career in Baltimore, attending medical school at University of Maryland. Following medical school she did a flexible internship in the Wilmington Medical Center working with patients in OB/,Gyn, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Pediatrics and Emergency Medicine. Her Pathology residency was done at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia. There she did Hematopathology and Transfusion Medicine rotations at the Cardeza Institute, treating sickle cell anemia, oncology and apheresis patients. Following her post graduate medical education she entered the Air Force and was stationed at Travis AFB. There she practiced general pathology and served as Medical Director of the Blood Bank. During Operation Desert Storm she served in England at Nocton Hall RAF. She transferred to the AF Reserve in 1991 and joined the Pathology Department of University of California Davis Medical Center. There she continues to serve patients, university and community working as a transfusion specialist, apheresis physician and hematopathologist.