Supporting Diverse Spiritual Needs
- Provide 24 hour on-call Pastoral Care and Counseling services
- Collaborate with other disciplines
- Provide interfaith religious/spiritual resource services
- Partnering with community spiritual leaders
- Provide religious resources to patients and staff
- Charting spiritual/pastoral interventions and outcomes
- Participate in patients’ case conferences such as:
- Available for consultation on:
-End of Life Decisions
- Struggling to find meaning during illness
- Issues of death and dying
- Expressing frustration, fear, hurt, doubt
- Inability to engage in spiritual or religious practices
- Loss of hope or feeling life is not worthwhile
- Sense/feelings of Abandonment, loneliness, and isolation
- Family Concerns
- Questions about faith or loss of faith
- Anxiety and depression
- Feelings of losing control
- Relationship with God
- Guilt, fear, and internal conflict
Chaplaincy Services & Education department at UC Davis seeks to provides diverse spiritual, religious, and pastoral care and services to meet the needs of all patients, guests, and staff while conducting an interfaith professional training for ministry through ACPE.
Who are we?
We are chaplains. That is, we are women and men from various religious/spiritual traditions serving the UC Davis community as chaplains. Chaplaincy Services & Education brings together volunteer chaplains, CPE residents, interns, supervisors, and support staff to fulfill its mission.
What We Do
As chaplains we spend time providing compassionate and holistic care holding hands and talking about what is important to person or persons. We help them find meaning and acceptance in the midst of suffering, pain, grief, death and dying drawing understandings and connection from their spiritual, religious, and value systems. We help others talk about their feelings of fears, anger, anxiety, hopes, and joys.
How to Get a Chaplain
You can find chaplains every day at the UC Davis Medical Center visiting in clinical areas, patients’ rooms, and in different areas of the UC Davis Health System Sacramento campus. Chaplains are available to you 24/7 by paging 916-816-PRAY (816-7729). Patients and family members may ask any hospital to call a chaplain.