Join us for a continuing medical education experiential learning event where we will review the latest integrative health approaches for pain relief, the genetic and environmental contributors of pain, and business models for a successful patient-centered integrative medicine practice.
|Michael F. Roizen, M.D.
Chief Wellness Officer & Chair,
Wellness Institute of the Cleveland Clinic
|Rosane Oliveira, D.V.M., Ph.D.
Director Integrative Medicine,
UC Davis Health System
|Sheila Patel, M.D.
Chopra Center for Wellbeing
|Jeffrey S. Mogil, Ph.D.
Professor of Pain Studies,
McGill University, Montreal
The objective of this conference is to provide current, scientific evidence on complementary and alternative medicine approaches used to relieving pain and suffering, such as acupuncture, mindfulness based stress reduction, yoga, and nutrition intervention. The format will focus on evidence-based discussions, helping health care practitioners understand the benefits and risks of these treatments and how to integrate them into a patient-specific management plan, which will ultimately translate into improved patient outcomes.
- Discuss the genetics of pain, analgesia, and addiction
- Explain the theory and practice of mindfulness-based stress reduction, emotional freedom technique (“tapping”), Ayurvedic medicine, and acupuncture in the treatment of chronic pain
- Explore non-pharmacological strategies for treating pain
- Discuss the effect of stress on health and the perception of pain
- Explain how foods and dietary supplements influence inflammation and pain
- Explore business models for increased revenue in integrative health practices
- Describe the role of physical therapy in the treatment of chronic pain
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for physicians, nurses, acupuncturists, psychologists, social workers, pharmacists, physical therapists, massage therapists, and other allied health care professionals interested in integrative medical modalities to improve care for their patients who are suffering from pain.
- The Nature and Nurture of Pain
- Genetics, Microbiome and Nutrition in Pain Medicine
- Mind-Body Techniques for Stress Reduction & Pain Relief
- Traditional, Complementary & Integrative Pain Medicine
- Business Models for Successful Integrative Health Practices