Dr. Sally M. Kamal
UC Davis Health System
Department of Otolaryngology
2521 Stockton Blvd., Suite 7200
Sacramento, CA 95817
- 2008 to 2012: University of California at Davis, Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Resident Physician
- 2004 to 2008: University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine, Medical Degree
- 2000 to 2004: University of Texas at Austin, Bachelor of Arts in Government, Magna Cum Laude
Honors and Awards
- 2011 David Howard Prize for Best Oral Presentation, Laryngology 2011 Meeting
- 2007 Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- 2007 Dean’s Recognition, Junior-Senior Continuum
- 2005 International Health Science Student Travel Fellowship
- 2005 Family Medicine Research Fellowship
- 2004 Phi Beta Kappa Society
- 2010-2012 Resident Medical Staff Committee, Department Representative, UC Davis
- 2006-2007 Coordinator, Medical Scholars Program, USC
- 2005-2006 Tutor, Medical Scholars Program, USC
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Otolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery
- American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association
- American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- American Rhinologic Society
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Phi Beta Kappa Society
- Operation Restore Hope Medical Mission, February 2012.
- Performed or assisted in cleft lip and palate surgery under the mentorship of Dr. Craig
Senders in Cebu, Philippines
Abstracts and Presentations
- Evaluation of Pneumomediastinum in Trauma Patients, July 2012.
- Evaluation and Management of Ptosis, April 2012.
- Odontogenic Carcinoma, October 2011.
- Oral and Plunging Ranulas, May 2011.
- Management of Allergic Rhinitis, March 2011.
- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in the Head and Neck, October 2010.
- Evaluation and Management of Caustic Ingestion, May 2010.
- Treatment of Epistaxis in Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia, January 2010.
- Malignant Otitis Externa, September 2009.
- Hemangioma of Infancy, May 2009.
- Treatment Options in Ménière’s Disease, August 2007.
Meetings and Courses Attended
- Jan 2012, AO Challenges and Advances in the Management of Craniomaxillofacial Trauma and Reconstruction Focus: Ballistic Injury Management (New Orleans, LA).
- Nov 2011, UC Davis Rhinology Update (Davis, CA).
- Sept 2011, American Head and Neck Society Sisson Symposium (San Francisco, CA).
- Sept 2011, AAO-HNS Annual Meeting (San Francisco, CA).
- Oct 2010, The Western States Rhinology Course (Sonoma, CA).
- Sept 2010, AAO-HNS Annual Meeting (Boston, MA).
- Nov 2009, UC Davis Sinus and Computer Aided Surgery Course (Sacramento, CA).
- Jan 2009, AO Principles of Operative Treatment of Craniomaxillofacial Trauma and
Reconstruction (San Francisco, CA).
- Brodie HA, Kamal S, Diaz R. Middle Ear and Temporal Bone Trauma. Chapter in Head & Neck Surgery – Otolaryngology, Bailey & Johnson, 5th Edition.
- Kamal S, Robinson A, Diaz R. Cochlear Implantation in Single Sided Deafness for Enhancement of Sound Localization and Speech Perception. Current Opinion in Otolaryngology & Head and Neck Surgery. (Accepted for publication)