Dr. Sally M. Kamal
PGY Level: PGY V
UC Davis Health System
Department Of Otolaryngology
2521 Stockton Blvd., Suite 7200
Sacramento, CA 95817
- 2008 to present: University of California at Davis , Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Resident Physician
- 2004 to 2008: University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine, Medical Degree
- 2000 to 2004: University of Texas at Austin , Bachelor of Arts in Government, Magna Cum Laude
- Brodie HA, Kamal S, Diaz R. Middle Ear and Temporal Bone Trauma. Chapter in Head & Neck Surgery – Otolaryngology, Bailey & Johnson, 5th Edition. (In press)
- Kamal S, Robinson A, Diaz R. Cochlear Implantation in Single Sided Deafness for Enhancement of Sound Localization and Speech Perception. Current Opinion in Otolaryngology & Head and Neck Surgery. (Accepted for publication)
Abstracts and Presntations
- Kamal S, Diaz R. Uniform electronic surgery requisitions lead to improvements in efficiency and accuracy in the preoperative management of ENT surgical patients. Poster presentation, UC Davis Integrating Quality Symposium, 2012 (Sacramento, CA).
- Kamal S, Strong EB. Atypical presentation of angiofibroma: a case report. Poster presentation, AAO–HNS Annual Meeting & OTO Exposition, 2011 (San Francisco, CA).
- Kamal S, Leonard R, Belafsky PC. The relationship between pharyngeal area and aspiration on fluoroscopic swallowing study. Oral presentation, Laryngology 2011 Conference (London, UK). David Howard prize for best oral presentation.
- Kamal S, Law C, Hseih S, Lum J, Sussman S, Gallaher P, Spruijt-Metz D. Understanding meanings of alcohol use in college populations. Poster presentation, Society of Behavioral Medicine Annual Meeting, 2008 (San Diego, CA).
- Ghaffari N, Kamal S, Rao M, Singh H, Mull D, Ceitlin J. Women’s access to reproductive health care in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Poster presentation, USC School of Medicine Annual Research Forum, 2006. (Los Angeles, CA).
- UC Davis Otolaryngology Department Grand Rounds Presentations
- Evaluation of Pneumomediastinum in Trauma Patients, July 2012.
- Evaluation and Management of Ptosis, April 2012.
- Odontogenic Carcinoma, October 2011.
- Oral and Plunging Ranulas, May 2011.
- Management of Allergic Rhinitis, March 2011.
- Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in the Head and Neck, October 2010.
- Evaluation and Management of Caustic Ingestion, May 2010.
- Treatment of Epistaxis in Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia, January 2010.
- Malignant Otitis Externa, September 2009.
- Hemangioma of Infancy, May 2009.
- Treatment Options in Ménière’s Disease, August 2007.
Honors and Awards
- 2011 David Howard Prize for Best Oral Presentation, Laryngology 2011 Meeting
- 2007 Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- 2007 Dean’s Recognition, Junior-Senior Continuum
- 2005 International Health Science Student Travel Fellowship
- 2005 Family Medicine Research Fellowship
- 2004 Phi Beta Kappa Society
- Operation Restore Hope Medical Mission, February 2012.
- Performed or assisted in cleft lip and palate surgery under the mentorship of Dr. Craig
Senders in Cebu, Philippines
- 2010-2012 Resident Medical Staff Committee, Department Representative, UC Davis
- 2006-2007 Coordinator, Medical Scholars Program, USC
- 2005-2006 Tutor, Medical Scholars Program, USC
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Otolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery
- American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association
- American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- American Rhinologic Society
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Phi Beta Kappa Society
Meetings and Courses Attended
- Jan 2012, AO Challenges and Advances in the Management of Craniomaxillofacial Trauma and Reconstruction Focus: Ballistic Injury Management (New Orleans, LA).
- Nov 2011, UC Davis Rhinology Update (Davis, CA).
- Sept 2011, American Head and Neck Society Sisson Symposium (San Francisco, CA).
- Sept 2011, AAO-HNS Annual Meeting (San Francisco, CA).
- Oct 2010, The Western States Rhinology Course (Sonoma, CA).
- Sept 2010, AAO-HNS Annual Meeting (Boston, MA).
- Nov 2009, UC Davis Sinus and Computer Aided Surgery Course (Sacramento, CA).
- Jan 2009, AO Principles of Operative Treatment of Craniomaxillofacial Trauma and
Reconstruction (San Francisco, CA).