Family nurse practitioner faculty
The Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing seeks family nurse practitioner faculty to serve as instructors of record for the family nurse practitioner program as well as the prelicensure Master’s Entry Program in Nursing. Priority given to pediatric content experts qualified to serve as instructors of record for the Master’s Entry Program in Nursing.
Up to three academic positions at the assistant and associate professor rank in the Health Sciences Clinical Professor non-tenure series are available in Sacramento, California. Appointees to the Health Sciences Clinical Professor series are expected to engage in teaching, clinical care activities, dissemination of scholarship and provide university and public service. These faculty play a key role in the further development of the interdisciplinary and interprofessional curricula for the portfolio of graduate degree programs at the Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing.
Candidates must possess a primary care nurse practitioner certificate (F.N.P., A.N.P., G.N.P.) and be eligible for licensure in the state of California. The minimum requirement is a master’s degree from an accredited program. A doctoral degree (Ph.D., DNP, Ed.D., etc.) is preferred.
Candidates must also demonstrate:
- the ability to work cooperatively and collegially within a diverse environment
- clinical competence in health care settings
- proficiency in the teaching of students and teaching experience in an academic or clinical setting
- excellent communication skills to effectively work with students, staff, faculty, patients and other professional colleagues as a collaborative interdisciplinary team member
- ability to adhere to university policies and procedures
Candidates specifically for MEPN must meet the following qualifications:
- Clear and active California R.N. license
- One year full-time direct patient care as an R.N. or one academic year of R.N. clinical teaching, within last five years
- One year nurse education teaching experience or completion of a post baccalaureate course in teaching nursing
- Content expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- medical surgical
- pediatrics (required for one of the positions)
- women’s health/obstetrics
- community health
- psychiatric/mental health
Qualified applicants should submit curriculum vitae, three references and a statement of interest describing personal ideologies in nursing education and how they complement the mission and vision of the Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing. Click here to submit applications: (Link: https://recruit.ucdavis.edu/)
For questions or inquiries, please contact Lisa Reevesman via email at HSemail@example.com referencing #JPF01604, or via regular mail to Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing at UC Davis, Administrative Support Building 2450 48th Street, #2855, Sacramento, CA 95817.