Doctorally prepared clinical faculty
The Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing seeks doctorally prepared educators (nurse or nurse practitioner preferred) to join the faculty at this new school of nursing at UC Davis as it expands existing programs and implements new programs. Successful candidates are expected to engage in clinical teaching in the growing nurse practitioner and physician assistant programs, and/or the new Master’s Entry Program in Nursing that is under development.
The school is seeking expertise in a wide variety of clinical specialties and backgrounds. Special consideration will be given to candidates who can teach in more than one degree program at the School of Nursing.
Up to six full-time academic positions at the assistant, associate, or full professor rank in the Clinical (__) or Health Sciences Clinical Professor (HSCP) series are available in Sacramento, California. Appointees to the Clin (__) series are for academically qualified individuals, who are expected to have predominant responsibility for teaching and clinical service as well as engage in creative activities. Appointees to the HSCP series are expected to engage in teaching, clinical care activities, dissemination of scholarship, and provide university and public service.
Both series play a key role in the further development of the interdisciplinary and interprofessional curricula for the portfolio of graduate degree programs at the Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing.
The Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing is founded on five core attributes:
- leadership development
- interprofessional/Interdisciplinary education
- transformative research
- cultural inclusiveness
- innovative technology
REQUIREMENTS: Candidates must possess a doctoral degree from an accredited program (Ph.D., DNP, Ed.D., etc.) or expect to receive a doctoral degree in nursing or a related field by September 30, 2014.
Candidates must also demonstrate:
- the ability to work cooperatively and collegially within a diverse environment
- demonstrated clinical competence in health care settings
- demonstrated proficiency in the teaching of students and teaching experience in an academic or clinical setting
- excellent communication skills to effectively work with students, staff, faculty, patients and other professional colleagues as a collaborative interdisciplinary team member
- ability to adhere to university policies and procedures
Candidates specifically for MEPN must meet the following qualifications:
- clear and active California R.N. license
- one year full-time direct patient care as an R.N. or one academic year of R.N. clinical teaching, within last 5 years
- one year nurse education teaching experience or completion of a post-baccalaureate course in teaching nursing.
Content expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- medical surgical
- women’s health/OB
- community health
- psychiatric/mental health
Candidates specifically for the nurse practitioner and physician assistant programs must meet the following qualifications:
- nurse practitioner or clinical nurse specialist certificate or a physician assistant certificate, and possess or be eligible for licensure in the state of California
- possess national certification in profession and/or specialty
- possess, or be eligible for, licensure by the appropriate governing board(s) in California, including authorization for prescriptive authority
- eligibility for allied-staff privileges.
UC Davis is one of the nation’s top public research universities and is part of the world’s preeminent public university system. UC Davis’ academic health center is located on a modern, 140-acre campus in Sacramento, Calif. In addition to the School of Nursing, the Sacramento campus is home to the School of Medicine and medical center, a fully accredited children’s hospital, a NCI-designated comprehensive cancer center, a level-I trauma center and burn unit, and a full range of outpatient services. The campus also includes an award-winning education center and library, the California Center for Health and Technology, the NIH-funded Clinical Translational Science Center, the Center for Reducing Health Disparities, and dozens of other clinical, educational and research centers. UC Davis is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of diversity among its faculty, staff, and students.
The mission of the Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing at UC Davis is to cultivate academic excellence through immersive, interprofessional education and research in partnership with the communities it serves. Faculty, staff and students discover and disseminate knowledge to advance health, improve quality of care and shape policy.
CONTACT: Qualified applicants should submit a curriculum vitae, three references and a statement of interest describing personal ideologies in nursing education and how they complement the mission and vision of the Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing. Click here to submit applications.
For questions or inquiries, please contact Lisa Reevesman via email at email@example.com referencing IN-14R-14N, or via regular mail to Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing at UC Davis, 4610 X St., Suite 4202, Sacramento, CA 95817.
To learn more about the Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing, please refer to our website at http://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/nursing/.
CLOSING DATE: Position will remain open until filled, but no later than June 30, 2015.