California Action Coalition summit
UC Davis Health System convened a special meeting Nov. 30 on behalf of the California Action Coalition for the Institute of Medicine and Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Initiative on the Future of Nursing.
- View the agenda
- View a replay of the webcast
- View the slides:
- Welcome and overview by Heather M. Young, Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing
- Building on our strengths: Part 1 by Bridget Levich, The Chronic Care Model
- Building on our strengths: Part 2 by Esker-D Ligon, Glide Health Services, a nurse-run clinic
- Building on our strengths: Part 2 by Priscilla Gonzalez-Leiva, California Institute for Nursing and Health Care
- View "The Future of Nursing" report brief
- View the handout
- View the press release
The Institute of Medicine recently released the report, “The Future of Nursing,” with recommendations for advancing health through nursing. The California Action Coalition was appointed by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Initiative on the Future of Nursing and charged with engaging diverse stakeholders to develop a blueprint for implementation of the recommendations in our state. The Nov. 30, special meeting was an opportunity to discuss the implications of the recommendations with other leaders from California.
A significant portion of the meeting was webcast from the National Summit on Advancing Health through Nursing which took place in Washington, D.C. Participants also discussed the recommendations and implications for work in California.
For more information about the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Initiative on the Future of Nursing, you can also visit www.thefutureofnursing.org.