Welcome to the UC Davis MIND Institute and Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (CEDD) resource page for Hearing Impaired.
Contact Brenda Shelton, Resource Center Manager, if you need additional resources or if you would like to visit the Resource Center. (916) 703-0336
What is Hearing Impaired?
Hearing gives us access to sounds in the world around us. Hearing loss can exist at birth or be caused by disease or injury. This impairment affects language and communication. Children should be screened for early detection of hearing problems. Early intervention for hearing loss is important for helping individuals develop communication skills.
- Association for Hearing Impaired, Inc.
- Early Hearing Detection and Intervention
- Kids Health
- My Child Without Limits
- National Association of the Deaf
- National Consortium on Deaf-Blindness
- National Dissemination Center for Children with Disabilities
- National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders
- Nor Cal Services for Deaf & Hard of Hearing
The websites listed are independent of the UC Davis MIND Institute and Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (CEDD). Resources are provided for information only and do not reflect the opinions or endorsement of the UC Davis MIND Institute and Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities.