Welcome to the UC Davis MIND Institute and Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (CEDD) resource page for Early Intervention.
Contact Gina Guarneri, M.A., if you need additional resources for Early Intervention. (916) 703-0403
Early assessment is the process of testing a young child to determine if medical or developmental challenges are present. If there is a diagnosis of a developmental disability, additional information, treatments, therapies, programs, services and strategies will be suggested. These are considered early intervention and are critical to helping a child develop to their full potential.
For information about typical development and developmental milestones see our Development Resource Page.
- California Early Start Information Packet (PDF)
- Central Directory of Early Intervention Resources (PDF)
- Early Start for Infants and Toddlers with Disabilities and Their Families (PDF)
- Early Start Personnel Manual (PDF)
- Early Start Resource Materials
- Family Resource Centers Networks (PDF)
- Parent's Rights: An Early Start Guide for Families (PDF)
- The Primary Health Care Provider's Role in Early Intervention (PDF)
The websites listed are independent of the UC Davis MIND Institute and Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (CEDD). Resources are provided for information only and do not reflect the opinions or endorsement of the UC Davis MIND Institute and Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities.