Welcome to the UC Davis MIND Institute and Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (CEDD) resource page for Advocacy.
Contact Brenda Shelton, Resource Center Manager, if you need additional resources or if you would like to visit the Resource Center. (916) 703-0336
What is Advocacy?
Advocacy is supporting action, policy, or ideas. People with disabilities and their families can advocate for services and rights. Advocacy also involves political and legislative action to support disability rights, causes, and social justice.
- A Consumer's Guide to the Lanterman Act
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Association of University Centers on Disabilities
- California Disability Community Action Network
- Commission on Mental & Physical Disability Law
- Court Appointed Special Advocates
- Department of Developmental Services Advocacy Information
- Disability Rights California
- Disability Rights Education and Defense Fund
- Disability Social History Project
- Family Voices
- National Patient Advocate Foundation
- NEW! - Peer Advocacy Connection (PAC)
- People First of California, Inc.
- Supported Life Institute (SLI)
- State Council on Developmental Disabilities Advocacy Resources
- The Arc of California
- The Autistic Self Advocacy Network
- The Child Advocate
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
- Youth Organizing! Disabled and Proud
- A Consumer's Guide to The Lanterman Act (PDF)
- Development Centers Clients' Rights Advocates (PDF)
- History of the Regional Centers in California (PDF)
- National Consortium on Leadership and Disability for Youth Releases Disability History Guide (PDF)
- The 411 on Disability Disclosure (PDF)
- We're Here to Speak for Justice: Founding California's Regional Centers (PDF)
The websites listed are independent of the UC Davis MIND Institute and Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (CEDD). Resources are provided for information only and do not reflect the opinions or endorsement of the UC Davis MIND Institute and Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities.