Recognizing the Autism Advantage in Adolescent Development (RAAAD) Study
Who are we looking for?
Individuals aged 12 – 17 years, with OR without an autism spectrum condition (i.e. autism, HFA, Asperger Syndrome, or PDD-NOS).
What is the goal of the study?
We want to find out more about the special strengths of people with autism. We are investigating learning and motivation.
If my child participates, what will he/she be asked to do?
- Come to the MIND Institute for two 2-4 hour visits
- Play brain-teasing computer games
- Complete questionnaires and assessments
- Complete an fMRI brain scan
If my child participates, what will he/she receive?
- Digital images of your brain
- $105 over two visits
- Report describing your performance on clinical assessments
If my child participates, what will I be asked to do as the parent?
- Accompany your child to the MIND Institute for the two visits
- Give written consent allowing your child’s participation
- Complete questionnaires
What should I do if I want my child to participate?
A researcher will need to complete a brief phone screen with you to confirm your child’s eligibility. You have two options:
- Click here to sign up online. A researcher will contact you.
- If you have time now, call (916) 703-0339. Please leave a message if no one answers.
Please contact a Study Coordinator at:
Phone: (916) 703-0339