ADHD Clinical Services
Healthcare professionals from the UC Davis Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences staff the clinic. Child Psychiatrists and Licensed Clinical Psychologists comprise the clinic’s professional staff. The clinic is open weekdays.
The following services are offered:
- Initial psychiatric clinical assessment for adults and children with suspected ADHD
- Short-term medication management and consultation for both adults and children
- ADHD Behavioral Parent Education Group »
Families interested in having their children seen in our clinic should directly contact their insurance provider and establish that behavioral health benefits are available and authorized. Parents may then contact Julaila Musgrove, New Patient Referral Coordinator, at 916-703-0308 to initiate the referral process.
What are the payment options?
Insurance and self-pay options are available.
What is the expected timeframe for an appointment?
Appointments are determined according to clinical triage criteria and are reviewed by a team of clinicians. Our goal is for patients to be seen within 3-4 weeks from referral date. To learn more about the referral process or to check on the status of a referral, contact Julaila Musgrove, New Patient Referral Coordinator, at 916-703-0308.
Referrals are tracked through a 5-step process:
- MIND Institute Clinic Receives Referral
- Records Collection
- Clinic Triage
- Insurance Authorization
- Appointment Scheduling
What information should be provided with the referral?
- Patient's current and past medical and developmental history
- Completion of a patient intake questionnaire prior to the appointment
- IEP/IPP records
- Diagnostic and/or psychological testing
- School records if applicable and available