About UC Davis Schools of Health Mentoring Academy
Develop the next generation of independent, highly successful academic faculty and advance the UC Davis Schools of Health.
Reorient the culture of the institution to support, reward, and enhance quality mentoring in the human health sciences.
- Create an environment that values and supports the essential role of mentoring in career progression
- Establish a comprehensive, innovative mentoring program based on best practices that fosters and advances personal, professional, and institutional growth
- Develop and implement a reward and recognition system that acknowledges and clarifies expectations for mentoring service and superior mentoring
- Serve as a resource for mentors
- Coordinate oversight for mentoring teams
- Provide mentor training and mentor evaluations
- Work with administration and departments to
- provide incentives and to reward quality mentoring
- integrate programs and goals for faculty mentoring
- Evaluate effectiveness of Mentoring Academy programs
Directorate: Director (Julie Schweitzer, Ph.D.) and Central Steering Committee:
- Donald Bers, Ph.D.
- Edward Callahan, Ph.D.
- Cameron Carter, M.D.
- Charles DeCarli, M.D.
- Ellen Gold, Ph.D.
- Lydia Howell, M.D.
- Julie Schweitzer, Ph.D.
- Mark Servis, M.D.
- Vicky Tibbs, M.B.A., S.P.H.R.
- Debbie Ward, R.N., Ph.D.
Members: UC Davis Schools of Health faculty at the associate or full-professor level