Dear Research Colleagues,
The UC Davis School of Medicine Office of Research will be unstaffed between 7/3/2017 - 7/7/2017. If you anticipate the need for a letter of support or other material requiring a signature, be sure to submit them no later than the close of business Wednesday, June 28, 2017. Send requests and follow up inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All requests received after 5pm Wednesday, June 28, 2017 will not be processed until the week of July 10, 2017.
School of Medicine Proposal Approval Request
For each proposal, you will need the following documents:
- Datasheet (complete and signed by the PI and Department Chair)
- Exception to Policy (if required)
In addition, you will need the information below readily available to submit your proposal for approval:
- Principal Investigator Name, Email, and Home Department
- Proposal Title
- Administering Department
- Department Contact Name, Email, and Phone
- Primary Sponsor (if Flow Thru)
- Location of Research
- Project Start and End Dates
- Number of Budgeted Periods
- Indirect Cost Rate and Base
- Proposed First Budget Period Total Cost
- Total Direct and Indirect Costs
- Total Cost (for all periods)
- Agency/Sponsor Call Number and Title
You will receive the datasheet with a signature of approval by email.
NOTE: The department is responsible for submitting the proposal in its entirety (including the signed data sheet) to SPO at least 5 business days before the sponsor deadline.
Please do not use this system to submit:
- Revisions to previously approved datasheets
- Other forms requiring Dean signature (Special Individual Agreements, Royalty Sharing, Informed Participation, etc.)
- Clinical Trials packets (contracts with private pharma companies that need original signatures and then go to HS Contracts)