Welcome to UC Davis Medical Center. We’re a nationally recognized academic medical center offering primary care for all ages, specialty care in 150 fields, and the latest treatment options and expertise for the most complex health conditions. Some highlights about us:
- Nationally ranked in multiple specialties
- Rated Sacramento’s top hospital
- Home of nationally ranked children’s hospital
- One of “Most Wired” U.S. hospitals
- Top honors for nursing excellence
- Patient-centered primary care model
Browse our primary and specialty care physicians
Learn how to become a UC Davis patient
Search by health specialty or medical condition
Checkup on Health
Health tip: Is knuckle cracking safe?
While knuckle cracking may be irritating to others, Robert Boutin, a UC Davis professor of radiology and specialist in musculoskeletal imaging, wanted to know what exactly caused the cracking sound and whether it resulted in any harm.