The grant is designed to support deserving medical students whose research and passion for academic medicine reflect the values and interests of the late Daniel T. O’Connor. The purpose of this grant is to support a 4th year medical student in the amount of $7,500 for 3 months of supervised research.
- Proposal for mentored research should be hypothesis testing; can be basic, translational or health services.
- Research in a field of Cardiovascular Medicine will be given preference.
- Research can be done in a university setting in the United States with appropriate mentorship.
- Research should be done in year 4 of medical school; completion of research will count toward the Special Studies Module requirement.
- Research findings will be summarized in a Final Progress report due by Commencement; any publications should cite support from the grant.
Contact Saul Schaefer, MD (email@example.com) for application information and further details.