Welcome Class of 2016 medical students
- First Year Orientation dates: Wednesday, July 25 – Friday, July 27, 2012.
**Please Check back, the orientation agenda will be posted on this page shortly before, July 27, 2012**
- Induction/Stethoscope/White Coat Ceremony: Saturday, July 28, 2012
- Rural PRIME Orientation: Thursday, August 2 – Friday, August 3, 2012
- San Joaquin Valley PRIME: Monday, July 30 – Friday, August 3, 2012
Health Immunization Form is due in the Registrar’s Office by July 13, 2012. No exceptions.
Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance Information:
In accord with University policy, medical students are required to have medical insurance coverage for all the years of their medical education. Students have the option of either the UC Davis Health System’s health insurance (Western Health Advantage, or WHA) or providing evidence of an alternate insurance provider. You must waive out of WHA if you will be using an alternate insurance company. Your completed insurance forms (enrollment or waiver) are due no later than 07/16/2012. Your school insurance covers you for Health, Dental and Vision. You may also add dependants (spouse or children) to your policy. The insurance rates below are for the Academic Year 2011-2012. The 2012-2013 insurance rates will be determined during the spring and posted when known.
- UC Davis School of Medicine WHA/Premier/VSP Insurance Rates (2012-2013)
- Health Insurance Enrollment Form Due July 16, 2012 for those students enrolling in the UC Davis School of Medicine Insurance.
- Health Insurance Waiver Form Due July 16, 2012 for those students waiving out of the School’s insurance and providing proof of their own insurance.
- UC Davis Primary Care Physicians (PCPs) (List updated quarterly).
California Residency Information for Tuition Purposes:
To establish your California residence, you must be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen who has been physically present in the state for more than one year, and you must be able to provide convincing evidence that your intent for the entire year has been to establish a permanent residence in California. If your parents do not meet the University's requirements for residence for tuition purposes, you must also be financially independent, as defined by the UC Office of General Counsel.
Detailed information concerning the criteria for establishing residence and definitions of intent follows. If you are a current applicant to UC Davis, we recommend that you read this information in its entirety and print it so you may refer to it later. After reading this information, you are encouraged to read Specific Questions on Establishing Residence for Tuition Purposes at the end of this section. Keep in mind that a decision on your residence status is not determined until after you have been admitted to the University. Persons who are present in California on a visa type other than those listed under Who is a Resident? and who are in the process of adjusting their status to a "permanent resident" should contact the Campus Residence Deputy.
For more information on residency, please click on the following link http://registrar.ucdavis.edu/html/slr.html
2012 UC Davis School of Medicine Pre-Matriculation Program
For information about the 2012 Pre-Matriculation Program, please click here.