Welcome Class of 2015 medical students
- All incoming students - First Year Orientation Dates: July 25-29, 2011. Please Check back, the orientation agenda will be posted on this page shortly before, July 25, 2011
- Class of 2015 Induction/Stethoscope/White Coat Ceremony, Saturday, July 30, 2011 - The Pavilion, UC Davis Main Campus
- Rural-PRIME students: Orientation will be July 20-22, 2011
- Valley-PRIME Students: Orientation will be July 18-22, 2011
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Information:
The 2011-2012 Academic Year insurance coverage rates are listed below.
- Western Health Advantage Medical, Premier Dental, and Vision Service Plan Insurance Rates (PDF) for Medical Students for the 2012-2013 academic year
- Western Health Advantage Medical, Premier Dental, and Vision Service Plan Enrollment/Change (PDF) for Medical Students
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance Waiver Form (PDF) for Medical Students
California Residence for Tuition Purposes
To establish your California residence, you must be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen who has been physically present in the state for more than one year, and you must be able to provide convincing evidence that your intent for the entire year has been to establish a permanent residence in California. If your parents do not meet the University's requirements for residence for tuition purposes, you must also be financially independent, as defined by the UC Office of General Counsel.
Detailed information concerning the criteria for establishing residence and definitions of intent follows. If you are a current applicant to UC Davis, we recommend that you read this information in its entirety and print it so you may refer to it later. After reading this information, you are encouraged to read Specific Questions on Establishing Residence for Tuition Purposes at the end of this section. Keep in mind that a decision on your residence status is not determined until after you have been admitted to the University. Persons who are present in California on a visa type other than those listed under Who is a Resident? and who are in the process of adjusting their status to a "permanent resident" should contact the Campus Residence Deputy.
For more information on residency, please click on the following link http://registrar.ucdavis.edu/html/slr.html