Participation in Extracurricular Activities Policy
- Extracurricular activities are those activities linked to the School of Medicine but occurring outside of School hours (after coursework ends and over the weekends).
- Extracurricular activities include medical and professional positions held by students representing the School.
- Minimal extracurricular responsibilities may be approved by the Deans of Student Affairs or Medical Education.
Criteria for restriction of extracurricular activities
- Students on academic warning and probation,
- Students identified as at risk students (see Chart 1).
- The restriction of extracurricular activities will extend 1 block or quarter beyond successful remediation or successful performance (in the instance of marginal performers) to ensure that academic success is maintained.