Why choose UC Davis?
Get an exciting glimpse into the UC Davis School of Medicine, where
students find a rich and diverse academic environment in which ideas
thrive and successful professional careers begin.
Congratulations on your decision to become a doctor. It is a life-changing journey full of promise and opportunity.
Many reasons have brought you to this point — you want to make a difference in people's lives. Maybe you feel a social responsibility or want an intellectual career that challenges your critical-thinking skills. Perhaps you're the first one in your family to earn a college degree and by becoming a doctor you'll not only make your family proud, you'll be able to give something back to an entire community. These are some of the basic qualities of those who plan to enter the world of medicine.
Your next decision is just as important — choosing a school that you want to join on your quest to become a physician.
If you are seeking:
- a friendly faculty and lifelong friends;
- a school that welcomes students from all walks of life and emphasizes programs that help meet the needs of medically underserved communities;
- an institution with a national reputation that is considered a rising star a curriculum that provides state-of-the-art training in clinical care and biomedical research, along with opportunities to work in the local community;
- an urban, diverse community full of entertainment, culture and outdoor activities; and
- a culturally and socially relevant education with opportunities to begin hands-on care for patients as soon as you arrive…
then the choice is clear: UC Davis School of Medicine.