To be considered for the ACE-PC track, applicants must be planning a career in primary care Internal Medicine or Family Medicine. The following criteria will be strongly considered:
- Fluency in a second language in addition to English
- First-in-family to complete a bachelor’s degree
- Clinical experience in a primary care setting
- Demonstrated community health or leadership experience
- Completed high school in a Northern California county served by Kaiser Permanente: Contra Costa, Sacramento, Santa Clara, San Joaquin, Solano, and Stanislaus.
- Applicants must apply to UC Davis School of Medicine through the AMCAS by October 1.
- Applicants invited to complete the UC Davis School of Medicine Secondary Application have the opportunity to indicate their interest by completing the essay question for ACE-PC.
- ACE-PC will make invitations to two informational “Open House” sessions in January 2015.
- ACE-PC applicants will be interviewed in February and March of 2015 simultaneously for the three year M.D. track and Kaiser Permanente Internal Medicine at Santa Clara or UC Davis Primary Care Internal Medicine Residency Program.
- Acceptance to the UC Davis School of Medicine four-year M.D. program is required to be eligible for acceptance in the ACE-PC track.
Up to 6 students will be accepted to the ACE-PC cohort entering in 2015. Students in the ACE-PC track will begin 6 weeks earlier than the traditional M.D. program, with the Summer Fundamentals Course starting June 15, 2015.
In the near future, the program will expand to other primary care fields such as pediatrics. If successful, the Accelerated Competency-based approach will expand to non-primary care careers including psychiatry and general surgery.