Welcome to Health Management and Education
Contact phone numbers changing as of 2/6/2018
Health Management and Education as well as the Ambulatory Case Management department is upgrading their phone system. Individuals who work in these departments will have new phone numbers effective February 6, 2018. The main line to the department will remain unchanged, (916) 734-0718.
If you call the employees old number, you will be redirected to the hospital operator. At this point, you will need to request the employee by name. You can also call our main line and we can transfer you to the employee you need to speak with. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
Our goal is to provide you with helpful information that empowers you to better manage your health. It is our belief that the more you know, the better you can manage the everyday challenges you encounter with your chronic condition(s).
Because our team recognizes the central role you have in managing your day in, day out health care, we provide two approaches to support and empower you: Ambulatory Case Management and Self-management Education.
What our patients are saying about us
- "I had tried everything to quit smoking, but nothing worked for me until I went to this group. I did not know what to expect, but the moment I walked in I knew this would be different. Just having other people in my same situation, experiencing the same thoughts and emotions to talk to was different because while I had people who loved me and wanted me to quit they couldn’t help me because they didn’t really know what the addiction was like and how strong it was. Cari played a vital part in my quitting. Besides all the great information she brought to us, she made the group fun and made it feel like we were family. Quitting smoking has changed my life – I am free now!”
- "When someone is newly diagnosed they really need these classes to help them understand their disease. I was diagnosed 2 years ago, referred to a dietician, but felt there was too much missing. The class really helped."
- "I was very closed minded about going into the classes, but the classes were very informative and I have made some positive changes that have really helped. Most people want instant results. I just have to take a step back and realize it comes slowly. The classes helped me understand that."
- "As an Registered Nurse I felt I didn’t need the classes because I already knew everything about diabetes. I was encouraged to take the classes anyway and what an eye opener! I didn’t know most of what we learned in the classes. The classes helped me realize what I needed to do to help myself."
- "The classes helped me lower my A1c (from 8.3 to 6.7) and now I have more energy to walk which is helping me to lose weight!"
- "Very informative, excellent presentation."