Living Light Living Well is a multi-phase adult weight management and lifestyle program. This group education series is facilitated by a Registered Dietitian or Health Educator. Join us in the First Steps (phase 1) meeting for 2 hours each week for 12 weeks to learn different approaches to reaching your healthier weight and improving overall wellness. First Steps topics include:
- Long-term behavior changes
- A non-diet approach to weight loss
- The benefits and different types of physical activity
- Empowerment and responsibility towards weight management
After the 12 weeks of First Steps concludes, we continue with bi-monthly sessions during Transitions (phase 2) to continue on your weight loss journey, Ongoing Support (phase 3) is avaialble after completion of Frist Steps and Transitions. Ongoing Support consist of a monthly web- and/or phone-based sessions.
First Steps- Class Schedule
|April 10 - June 26||Roseville||Thursdays||2-4 pm||Conference Room|
|August 7 - October 23||Sacramento||Thursdays||9-11 am||Ellison Center Rm 3010A|
|September 3 - November 19||Elk Grove||Wednesdays||5-7 pm||Conference room|
*Schedules for Transitions (phase 2) and On-going Support (phase 3) will be provided at time of enrollment.
Living Light Living Well - $175.
- Fee includes all 3 phases- First steps, Transitions, & On-going support
- Cost of materials is built into price
- Materials include, but are not limited to: Workbook, pedometers, Calorie King: Calorie, Fat and Carbohydrate Counter book, resistance bands, weekly food and activity journals and multiple handouts. Maintenance sessions are primarily web based with some live sessions.
- Staff discount -$ 88
- Installment payment plan available
On line payment links (Mastercard and Visa only)
You can sign up for Living Light Living Well by calling our office at (916)734-0718 (please note: on line enrollment is unavailable). Payment links are to be used by registered participants only.
Living Light and Living Well - $175. Fee includes participation in our multi-phase program, all related materials and ongoing maintenance
Living Light and Living Well - UCDHS Staff discount- $88. Fee includes participation in our multi-phase program, all related materials and ongoing maintenance
Living Light and Living Well Installment - $50. Fee includes participation in our multi-phase program, all related materials and ongoing maintenance ($50 down and monthly payments as arranged by patient financial services)
The program is open to UC Davis Health System Patients and Employees. Medical clearance by your physician is required prior to participation in the program, also some lab tests may be necessary. To register or for more information call (916) 734-0718.
Please note: all classes are subject to cancellation if enrollment is insufficient. In the event of a cancellation, all enrolled individuals will be notified prior to the start of the class.