UC Davis Health System provides person- and family-centered care, offering access to the latest discoveries and best treatments for patients in Northern California and around the globe.
- A leader in defining new and innovative uses for technology to transform health and health care, UC Davis applies telehealth technology in providing expertise and specialized care at sites in 41 counties throughout the state.
- UC Davis Medical Center is a leading referral center for the most seriously injured or ill patients, and the most medically complex cases, in a region covering 33 counties, more than 65,000 square miles and 6 million residents.
- A state-of-the-art family-centered pediatric intensive care/pediatric cardiac intensive care unit, opened in 2011.
- UC Davis Medical Center and UC Davis Children's Hospital have been recognized by several national organizations, including the Leapfrog Group, which has ranked the medical center in its list of top hospitals since 2009 and U.S. News & World Report, which ranked UC Davis Children’s Hospital among the nation's best and the medical center among the nation’s top 50 hospitals in orthopaedics and cancer, and number one in the Sacramento region with nine high-performing specialties.
- The nation's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) civil rights organization recognized UC Davis Medical Center as a Leader in Healthcare Equality for creating a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment for LGBT patients and employees.
- UC Davis operates the only Level 1 trauma center, for both adult and pediatric emergencies in inland Northern California, a distinction that fewer than 20 trauma centers in the nation hold.
- UC Davis' internationally recognized team of heart and vascular specialists offer integrated, state-of-the-art, patient-centered care for all cardiac and blood vessel diseases, including stem cell treatments for rebuilding damaged heart tissue and regenerating blood vessels.
- A national leader in information technologies, UC Davis Health System was named among Health Care's Most Wired institutions in 2011 and achieved Stage 6 designation of the electronic medical record adoption model from HIMSS Analytics for its advanced use of its electronic medical records system to enhance patient safety and quality.