UC Davis Health System is at the forefront of providing access to the latest discoveries and best treatments for patients in Northern California and beyond.
- UC Davis Medical Center is a leading referral center for the most seriously injured or ill patients, and the most medically complex cases in a region, covering 33 counties, more than 65,000 square miles and 6 million residents.
- UC Davis operates inland Northern California's only Level 1 trauma center, with comprehensive adult and pediatric emergency departments. The center has been instrumental in keeping Sacramento County's preventable death rate at or below 1 percent, less than half the national average. Studies show patients with specific critical injuries have better survival rates and functional outcomes at Level I trauma centers and academic medical centers.
- With the region's only full-service children's hospital, UC Davis offers a comprehensive pediatric cardiology program in Sacramento, as well as more than 30 other children's specialties.
- UC Davis has the only National Cancer Institute-designated cancer center serving inland Northern California, and one of the nation's largest clinical trials programs. It offers comprehensive, compassionate care to adults and children with both rare and common cancers.
- UC Davis Medical Center has ranked among U.S. News and World Report's top hospitals in the nation for 16 consecutive years and won the Consumer Choice Award for the 10th year in a row for best overall quality and reputation among all hospitals in the Sacramento region, based on National Research Corp. consumer surveys.
- The California Telemedicine Resource Center at UC Davis will become the hub for telehealth services among the five UC medical schools, providing expertise on diverse topics ranging from establishing best practices for clinical applications and state and national health-related telecommunications policies.
- Complementing UC Davis' extensive medical interpreting service, the Transcultural Linguistic Care Nurse Program includes five bilingual nurses who help hospital patients with limited English throughout their hospital stays.
- As part of a large-scale national study, emergency department physicians are comparing the safety and effectiveness of two medications in treating life-threatening seizures in children.
- The UC Davis Vascular Center provides state-of-the-art vascular care and promotes collaboration among different specialties that treat patients with atherosclerosis, aneurysms, vein disorders and other blood-vessel disorders.