- Quick Links
- LARRC News
- June 23, 2016 — LARRC featured in California Health Report
- April 1, 2016 — 2016 Qualitative Health Research Symposium
- February 24, 2016 — LARRC pilot grant applications (2016-2017)
- February 1, 2016 — Register now for Diversity and Cognitive Aging Conference
- January 5, 2016 — UC Davis School of Medicine Health Equity Research Virtual Site Visit
- June 18, 2015 — Hinton, Young present at IOM meeting on caregiving for older adults
Latinos, one of the largest and fastest growing segments of the US older adult population, suffer disparities in risk factors for cognitive decline, disease burden, caregiver distress, and access to good quality services and healthcare for Alzheimer's disease and other dementias.
To advance the cognitive health and well-being of older Latinos and their families and close gaps in care, the Latino Aging Research Resource Center (LARRC) provides pilot funding and mentors diverse junior faculty conducting impactful and community-engaged research addressing Latino cognitive health and aging.
LARRC, one of seven national NIH funded Resource Centers for Minority Aging Research (RCMAR), works closely with the UC Davis Alzheimer’s Disease Center and with other regional academic institutions.
Our interdisciplinary center supports investigators from UC Davis and other institutions through the activities of four units, or cores: Administrative Core, Investigator Development Core, Analysis Core and Community Liaison Core.